Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Update...Another One

For LL

Time, I thought for an update LL. This is from back in July

As the years roll by it is difficult for me to remember the good times with you. All I recall is what you did. There were good times, but somehow they have been completely smothered in my mind by how you acted. Immaturely.

I don't know how your lock down has been but mine has been great, especially now family are visiting. I've been careful about contact etc given how parts of this country are going backwards on containing the virus, but up here in New England it is pretty OK. The increase in cases is partly due to the President and his zany ideas.

I have my place by the Ocean on Nantucket and my home and the ranch here. I managed a trip to Florida a few weeks back, but they are now seeing a lot more cases. I'm looking to get over to Italy this Fall if I can and at least I have my own jet to get me there. Here at the ranch there is plenty for me to do and acres and acres to roam without leaving my property. I think your son and grandson would love it...as long as they were aware of the black bears. Actually, they tend to head deeper into the forest when they see you, rather anything else.

Oregon, which I will be heading to in the early Fall, has mountain lions, bears, coyotes and wolves - a different ball game altogether, but you rarely see any of them apart from coyotes.

~~~~~~~



I'm writing this from Italy, having arrived here on the estate near Milan and have been joined by Chiara. Flights are relatively easy for the rich LL. My private jet (how your boys would love that) makes things pretty straightforward.

I've been spending the week in the company of the lovely Chiara and will stay a few days more before heading south to my home in Sorrento and one or two 'people' I want to see and who want to see me.

I often wonder about your life. The way you spent the last fifteen years eating out at weekends and then the odd vacation, more often than not to Spain. Your single trips to Goa, Naples Fl and Perth, Australia excepted. Now you have had to experience the lock-down there and the cross border difference in rules and laws. You tweet infrequently which is unusual for you and that tells me you have been doing very little. I still have two friends, mutual ones, in your City, but they have lacked any meaningful intelligence on you since March of this year.

You would like it here near Milano it is a lovely setting and yet another place I own. Old on the exterior but classically modern on the interior. Great place to relax (with the right company) and write etc. I've been painting too...art not walls! I used to paint many years ago when I was young, now I'm back at it and enjoying it. The light here in Italy is fantastic, both for art and photography.

So how are you and your man? I guess you have been separated for quite a long time given there are different rules in Scotland to those in England...or maybe you broke the rules. Either way you don't mention him at all he you, whereas you were doing it constantly in the past. Now (Saturday)  I see that you are back after a break. What is it with people who post photos of their food and booze! Guess their lives are so mundane that they have little more of note to display.



~~~~~~~


I'm now in Sorrento LL. and blessed with the sun and another....friend, Italian of course and also Neopolitan.


No comments:

Post a Comment