Monday, January 9, 2023

A Theme

  For LL in the UK

I thought I would revisit a theme I have touched upon before LL, as I lounge in the sun here in Florida. It is that of fate and how decisions we make determine how life unfolds for us all. Some us make the right decisions and some of us make the wrong decisions. 

To quote you LL - 'Why do I always make the wrong decisions ?' I'll come to that later, but first the decisions I made....

As your life LL stems from decisions you made way back in your late teens, that is where I will start my journey. In my very early teens at school I was lazy, not bothering too much about my lessons, but then I woke up so to speak and worked hard to gain my O and A levels. I asked for extra work, studied in my holidays etc etc., That doesn’t mean I didn’t have a social life - I had a very active one especially from ages fifteen and sixteen onward. My ambition was to join the RN as an officer entrant back and fly with the Fleet Air Arm (FAA). For that I needed to have at least five o levels and two A levels. I exceeded both.

Hard work LL and application and I had only just started. I was called for interview and flying aptitude tests (along with forty two others). I was one of only two from that board accepted. Thus started my Naval career. I entered on a short service commission, which meant I served fifteen years from when I was seventeen. 

After that was ‘other’ employment with the Government, which I can’t speak about. You always made me laugh when you told me you couldn’t say where you worked because of the Official Secrets Act - you only worked at HMRC. That was so amusing but I could say nothing and still can’t about why I am bound by the same act.

Eventually, I decided I needed to make some real money and entered banking after leaving Government service. I have strived all my life to improve myself and the lot of my family. I succeeded in that we all enjoyed a good lifestyle and as far as my first wife was a concerned a very happy one. Hard work yes, but satisfying work definitely.

Finally, equipped with the necessary skills, business acumen and contacts I set out on a business career in my own right some twenty three years ago. I have been extremely successful LL. I’m not going to say to what extent. This forum is too public for that.

You started your life by failing to get any worthwhile qualifications at school, despite being moderately intelligent. Even back then you could have made more of yourself but you didn’t try hard enough, perhaps because you thought ‘working class’ people don’t do that. Except they do and did when you were young.

Then you fell pregnant under twenty, nineteen if my memory serves me, married the wrong guy, probably in a  hurry. You know what they say, act in haste, repent at leisure. That could be your epitaph. Then you left him M, and fell into the arms or bed of another who turned out to be a ne’er do well, C. At forty nine you were separated. That is when we met. Your children both still with us and gone tell a story of lack of parental control or guidance. Both to some extent emulating your own life.

I offered you something entirely different. A new life, a life away from all the problems that plagued your life up until then, but in your ‘wisdom’ you rejected it and impulsively went around being bedded by other men behind my back. Equally impulsively you decided you would ‘leave’ me for your fat friend. Sadly for you, I had your measure and had manipulated you into leaving. Once you betrayed me that was pretty much it. The second and third times sealed your fate.

Even then I gave you a further chance and you turned it down almost immediately regretting it…too late. ‘Why do I always make the wrong decisions P’  Since then seventeen years have elapsed and you have lived life pretty much in a rut following your soccer loving fat friend around like a lap dog.

You sealed your fate very early on in your life LL and by your own admission have made the wrong decisions throughout your life.

As you once said of me, I always land on my feet. Do you know why? I think perhaps you do and being lucky, as you also once said, had nothing to do with it



No comments:

Post a Comment