Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Guardian Angel

Chapter One

There was mist that morning and the grass was wet underfoot.

I stood there, just before the sun rose above the horizon, looking down at the words:-

Helen Pearson
Born   3 -26 - 2000
Taken 4 - 20 -2018
Now in peace

I have been coming to her grave every morning for the past year, since she was ripped away from me. My sweet and beautiful daughter.

The reason I was there again that morning is that I'm an early riser and, since losing her, I haven't slept well.

I looked up. A gentle breeze slipped across the graveyard causing the mist to swirl a little. A single crow landed on a nearby tree and cawed once. I reckoned the day was awakening from its night time slumber. I decide to go when two things happened. The crow cawed again and a shadow was cast over my daughter's grave, from behind me A cloud I thought, but the sun wasn't up and there were no clouds just the mist close to the ground.

I turned around and...there was nothing and nobody there. I felt a slight chill in the air where previously it had been warm. Then it was gone. When I turned back around the second thing happened and this really shook me. The mist was swirling again and I figure seemed to rise from it and float toward me. It was a woman, but I couldn't see her face.

As I stood there transfixed, the figure came ever closer, until it stopped about twenty feet away. I knew, even though I couldn't see her face, that it was Helen my daughter. I heard her voice inside my head - I am with you. I am guarding you. They will come, but she will come as well.

The shadow reappeared behind me. Then another strange thing happened. An eagle landed high on one of the pine tress. The crow made off and the shadow was gone. I shook my head trying to make some sense of what had happened. was it latent grief, my imaginings or ....

My name is Adam. Until a year ago I was a detective with the NYPD. I'm not given to believing in the unreal or the supernatural. So that morning's experience had shaken me. I resigned from the force and moved up her to Maine after the sole member of my family remaining, Helen, had been snatched from me by an evil man. I do mean evil, truly evil.

My wife and father had died three years prior to Helen and I had inherited dad's old home. I began to make my way back there when I woman walked up to me in the parking lot. She said she was Anna and that my daughter had just spoken of her....

That really shook me and the fact this was a beautiful woman standing right there on this damp misty morning. I was so shaken I was speechless for a few moments. Then Anna insisted that I come with her as she had much to tell me. I nodded my acquiescence and followed her back to the parking lot and then beyond across the street and into St Joseph's the church near the cemetery.

' I have a story to tell you that you will not believe at first, but what I say is of the utmost importance to you and your future', she said as we sat in the quiet of the church. ' You are a very special person Adam and I know you don't realise it...yet. Now, listen carefully to what I have to tell you. Do not interrupt or ask questions until I have finished'.

She went on to tell me what I found almost unbelievable and what forms the basis of the tale I wll now relate....


No comments:

Post a Comment